Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/15, 08:41 PM   #1
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

Default I remember PRO

I remember a PRO website from 15 years ago. It was pretty big for its time. But the webmaster disappeared and the site died off. Is this this the same site?
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 08:46 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: I remember PRO

Long story shot. I found out that the old ezboard was still online in 2004. I decided to.try and take over. So I built a new PRO website to promote the board. Eventually, I was able to move to Vbulletin and import the surviving posts over.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/15, 01:47 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

If you couldn't understand what Chris was precisely saying he's basically saying that while the domain is I believe the same as it was when Mike owned it it's not the same exact site. No one knows where Mike is he disappeared a long time ago but I do believe there was a moment in which he briefly returned but didn't do anything with the site since it was already gone.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/15, 03:38 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I consider PRO a continuation of the old site. Its just completely built from scratch. The board even more so since we still have old posts. Couldn't stay with ezboard/yuku since we woule never be able to grow there.

Mike did come back briefly after PRO closed before the bored went dormant. But left again. I actually talked with him in 05 and got his permission to keep using the PRO name. At one point he was going to help me but I stopped seeing him. He just moved on with his life.

I was luckly enough to aquire the old .com in 2008'.As it seemed destined to remain in the hands of cybersquatters.
Old 03/20/15, 01:00 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I consider PRO a continuation of the old site. Its just completely built from scratch. The board even more so since we still have old posts. Couldn't stay with ezboard/yuku since we woule never be able to grow there.

Mike did come back briefly after PRO closed before the bored went dormant. But left again. I actually talked with him in 05 and got his permission to keep using the PRO name. At one point he was going to help me but I stopped seeing him. He just moved on with his life.

I was luckly enough to aquire the old .com in 2008'.As it seemed destined to remain in the hands of cybersquatters.
yea might as well consider it a continuation of the old site as well as the board a continuation of the old ezboard even though the site is newly built since the site as you said was built from scratch by you and Power Rangers Central's Mike (not the same Mike that owned PRO previously) and yea you certainly were lucky enough to get your hands on the old domain good thing for you the cybersquatter that owned that domain fell asleep at the wheel LOL.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 08:25 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Well the board carried over the old posts. Thats really the best you can do to move a free yuku board.
Post New ThreadReply