Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/17/09, 06:01 PM   #1
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Default Land of the Lost... What Would You Have Done?

It seems we see this happening constantly these day. Studios remaking old television series and movies in a desperate attempt that it might be successful because it has a name everyone will recognize. This mentality really falls short, and the 2009 remake of "Land of the Lost" truly demonstrates this. While I can certainly see the humor in the film, I shake my head as I ponder what could've been. The thing is, that Land of the Lost, the original series by Sid and Marty Croft, became a cult classic because of its uniquely crafted story structure. Land of the Lost introduced to viewers many interesting concepts which could've been taken a step farther by the movie. Instead the studio chose to push aside the idea of taking the concepts presented in the series and building upon that and instead chose a parody. Whether you enjoyed the 1974 TV series, or only ever saw the 1991 remake, or if you're just a general fan of films, what would you have done with the movie if you had been in charge?
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/09, 10:29 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

I would have expand on the theme of having to survive a hostile land by having a group of humans trying to find a way out. They would need a leader who would know what to do. If it's done right, there might be 3 movies coming out of that story.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/09, 05:26 PM   #3
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

What always bothered me, was how they could've done so much more with their budget of $100 million, than just walking around the jungle acting stupid. It was pretty much some bad comedy set in an interesting environment. There really could've (should've) been a lot more action adventure. And while I can understand the comedy route, they should've gave the movie serious plot, and danger, with funny moments thrown in. I would've been fine with that.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply