Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/27/08, 12:07 AM   #11
Kamen Rider
Henshin!

Send a message via AIM to Kamen Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango View Post
In other words that's like saying KR you practically don't like the Disney era at all.

Why don't you just stay wth the Saban era then and leave the rest of us alone who actually liked the Disney Era?

Come on guys the Disney Era 6 plus RPM are just as much part of Power Rangers as the 10 years that Saban made. You guys act like Saban was the ONLY era when it came to Power Rangers and are just disconnecting everything Ninja Storm onwards. Typical. Saban will never do Power Rangers again. They sold to Disney.
Did I said Jungle Fury in this thread?
Kamen Rider The First #1
Kamen Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 01:06 AM   #12
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

They needed better actors. Those accents were out of control.

I needed close captions every time Rose opened her mouth.

Luckily Caitlin and Rhoda were hot, or I wouldnt have sat through this series.
Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 04:30 AM   #13
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOnyx
Lack of Mighty Morphin' music playing for Adam's intro and fight scenes.
I love your list, I agree with pretty much everything on it. But the only reason MMPR music didn't play is because Saban Entertainment retains all rights to its music library. So any use of the theme songs beyond airing reruns would get them sued.

Same reason why Digimon had to change their theme for the fourth and fifth seasons.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 04:36 AM   #14
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
Come on guys the Disney Era 6 plus RPM are just as much part of Power Rangers as the 10 years that Saban made. You guys act like Saban was the ONLY era when it came to Power Rangers and are just disconnecting everything Ninja Storm onwards.
It's not about who owns it, it's about the quality level.

Dino Thunder is loved. I personally enjoyed the heck out of S.P.D. Jungle Fury is doing all right so far. And even though I'm not into Ninja Storm, I can understand why other people liked it. But anyone who actually looks beyond fight scenes or plotlines can't find much to say positively about Mystic Force or Operation Overdrive.
Old 05/27/08, 04:37 AM   #15
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiOzzyTM
Flurious was lazy because its hard to fit him into the shows when its using sentai footage
Sentai footage didn't stop Miratrix from being active, and you'll rarely hear anyone say they didn't like the Kamdor-centered episodes. That's no excuse.
Old 05/27/08, 08:17 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Sentai footage didn't stop Miratrix from being active, and you'll rarely hear anyone say they didn't like the Kamdor-centered episodes. That's no excuse.
Its kinda of funny how Flurious ended up being the big bad. Considering he was the least active villain. I guess it kind of fits the backstabbing nature of his character.

One of the things they should have done with Kamndor and Miratrix, was give them a reason for wanting the jewels. I mean the preimere shows us these two brothers racing each other for the Crown. Then all of the sudden we get Miratrix, who somehow wants the same thing. Yet has nothing to do with the brothers. And no reason is ever really given as to why they want the gems who who they are.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 08:27 PM   #17
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
One of the things they should have done with Kamndor and Miratrix, was give them a reason for wanting the jewels. I mean the preimere shows us these two brothers racing each other for the Crown. Then all of the sudden we get Miratrix, who somehow wants the same thing. Yet has nothing to do with the brothers. And no reason is ever really given as to why they want the gems who who they are.
That's just another problem on Overdrive's laundry list.

But really, did it matter? Flurious and Moltor didn't even say why they wanted the crown so badly, just that they always have.
Old 05/27/08, 09:32 PM   #18
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Have any of the past villains ever had a valid reason for wanted to take over the planet other than complete domination? If Andrew knew about the Crown it is safe to say that all of the villains in OO knew as well. And they all scrambled for jewels so they could use it to take over.
PowerOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/08, 07:24 PM   #19
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOnyx View Post
Have any of the past villains ever had a valid reason for wanted to take over the planet other than complete domination? If Andrew knew about the Crown it is safe to say that all of the villains in OO knew as well. And they all scrambled for jewels so they could use it to take over.
It was just wierd in the context of the season, thats all. It didn't destory OO as a season or anything. Its just something they could have done better.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/08, 05:10 PM   #20
DaiOzzyTM
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
DinoThunder is a well loved season. Ninja Storm had its detractors but also had its fans. The Disney seasons that are meant with disdain seem to be SPD-OO ( JF is still on going). Basically the Kalish era ( whether its fair to blame him or not). Obviously there are fans that like the whole Disney era too. As its all very subjective.

I don't hate the Disney era. I think certian things could be done better. They slave too much to the Sentai plots instead of trying to tell there own story. One thing about NS and DT, was that they tried to tell there own stories. Ever since Doug and Ann left that hasn't been the case as much. I really liked Mystic Force but the basic plot was actually taken from Sentai. To be fair, Saban Entertianment relyed on Sentai heavily the last four or five years (I loved Time Force, but it was heavily based on Timeranger). Thats not to say that you can't adapt a really good sentai closely. Its just not the way you should automatically produce PR.

I can still enjoy PR as a fan. But I think there is a certain staleness now. there just feels like there is something missing. I think the whole formula they use now has become worn out. And is too predictable. The characters are too interchangeable from year to year. And everything ends up being disjionted since they go out of the Sentai footage causes them to change plans. PR's always had this problem. But there was a time when PR did its best to adapt the Sentai footage to its own story.

As for OO, there were certianly elements to it that I enjoyed as a fan. I really liked the robot Mack arch. I really liked how they handled the rift between Hartford and Mack. It was a bueatiful momments when Mack learned that his father truely loved him as a real son.

I think the jewel plot was interesting. I think at times OO suffered from being a pretty aim low series ( which actually is better then aiming high and dropping the ball). The finalie was a bit underwhelming. When you think about how the Corona Aurora was supposed to be this powerful aritifact and Mack was able to defeat Flurious like a Monster of the day. I would say OO was average.
I can understand that and is probably one the most forgiving i been to a disney disliker, i think disney series are fresh new and modern, saban did get bit old dunt get me wrong TF was fantastic but alot like LR got abit samey
DaiOzzyTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply