Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/20/15, 06:03 PM   #161
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Trooper Out of Time written by Mark Litton, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan once again talks about the time his dad taught him to be prepared for anything.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where the paper is hosting a school's career day, and Woody asks Percy to get him coffee leading to a comedy bit where Percy tries to put some water in the coffee machine, and messes it up.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is talking to Strickland who is carrying a really big crystal which he explains is a time machine, and Ziktor gets an idea.

After a brief bit where the Troopers ask some kids what they want to be when they grow up Strickland shows Ziktor a communicator he can talk to him on, and Ziktor explains his plan for Strickland to go back, and destroy Ryan as a little boy.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/15, 06:07 PM   #162
Zabitan
Administrator

Then Strickland uses the device, and winds up at the temple where Ryan does his "My dad taught me/I miss you dad" monologues where not too far off young Ryan is playing basketball with his father, a little boy who looks like he could be JB, and two other boys.

Meanwhile in the present the Professor summons the Troopers, and after a brief comedy bit with Percy the Professor explains everything at the lab, and even shows them what's happening.

And despite seeing Ziktor on the visors the Troopers first thought is to build their own time machine with JB volunteering to build it, Kaitlin volunteering to get the crystal, and the Professor giving Kaitlin a device to find it.

Kaitlin goes to a cave where the crystals are, and sees some researchers digging for crystals, and when Kaitlin asks them who they are they transform into Skugs.

After Kailtin and the Skugs all backflip the Skugs try to swing kick Kaitlin but she just leg sweeps them, and elbows them.

Then Kaitlin punches, and kicks the Skugs but one grabs her, and flips her but she flips it backs, and then flips over the other Skugs into it as well destroying them.

Kaitlin then finds the crystal so Grimlord appears in the Virtual Dungeon, and summons Ivar who.decides to use a shark themed sword wielding mutant called Sharkfin to destroy the Troopers.

At the lab the Troopers have finished building the time machine when a reality break occurs so Ryan tells the others to take care of Sharkfin while he goes back in time so they transform, and go into the Skybase.

Back in the past Strickland sees young Ryan by himself and tells him that he knows his father but when Ryan asks him for the secret password he figures out what's going on, and escapes.

While at the lab Ryan goes back in time and the Professor explains tjat it burned out the crystal so they need a new one while Ryan finds his younger self.

Kaitlin, and JB find a cave that has more crystals so Kaitlin goes down in the Battle Cruiser while JB uses the Fighter Bike, and when JB goes into the cave he finds Sharkfin who attacks JB with his sword.

But JB kicks him, and Kaitlin gets out, and helps him but Sharkfin attacks her as well so JB grabs Sharkfin while Kaitlin looks for more crystals but encounters Skugs instead.

After a brief bit where Ryan sees his younger self deal with a bully JB, and Kaitlin are still fighting Sharkfin, and the Skugs when Quantum Cruisers, and Jet Fighters fire on them so JB uses the Techno Bazooka to destroy them.

Then Sharkfin throws a boomerang, and some electricity at JB, and then they hit each other with their swords until JB finishes off Sharkfin with Laser Lance.

Back in the past Ryan finds Strickland who transforms into an army of Skugs so Ryan tells his younger self to run but Skugs grab him but young Ryan kicks them away while Ryan punches, and kicks a few Skugs into each other then rescues his younger, and tells him to leave.

But young Ryan goes back to help his older self but during the fight young Ryan gets hurt so Ryan finishes off the Skugs, and Ryan's father comes back, and young Ryan is okay but he doesn't remember the Skugs, and Ryan's father thanks him but Ryan leaves before things can get weird.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin put the only crystals they could find in the time machine, and bring Ryan back while at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord wants another attempt at destroying Ryan but Icebot tells him all the crystals are destroyed so he swears vengeance on the Troopers.

The Troopers return to the Underground Voice Daily where we get one last comedy bit with Percy, and Woody.

Anyway "I miss you dad the end".
Old 05/20/15, 06:07 PM   #163
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was another good but not great one.

I liked the idea of Grimlord sending one of his minions back in time to destroy Ryan when he was a kid, and Ryan having to go back, and save himself, and I thought Sharkfin was a cool monster.

My only problem is that it feels like the actual part where Ryan is back in time drags on longer than it should, and as a consequence Ryan the main character of the show spends the entire episode out of armor.

It also doesn't have the excuse of yesterday's episode of having to use up what's left of Metalder since they were still using Spielban after this so it all feels wasted especially since I can think of a gazillion episodes where JB, and Kaitlin could have fought a monster but didn't.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers reviews.
Old 05/21/15, 06:40 PM   #164
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Secret Power written by Margo McCahon, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that everyone has a secret power that helps us do things we never thought we could.

We then go to Taoc dojo which is hosting a neighborhood talent when the Troopers notice a boy named Travis who looks sad, and Travis explains that he doesn't think he's talented.

And when Ryan tells him he can dance good he admits he just has stage fright, and the Troopers just tell him to do the show anyway, and that everyone gets stage fright, and it works.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is explaining his latest evil scheme, to steal power from Crossworld City, and break through the reality barrier.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Icebot who further explains that he plans to put two sonic pulse devices one in the power plant the other in the north pole to open the reality barrier.

Then Grimlord orders Ivar to protect the pulse devices, and Decimator recommends sending in The Magician to as well, and The Magician, and some Mutant Skugs appear, and Grimlord agrees to send them out as well.

We then go back to Tao dojo where Travis is practicing his dancing but can't get it, and the Troopers encourage him to keep going, and we get a comedy bit where Percy sings a song poorly.

Then we some Spielban footage of Icebot in the Air Castle ordering Skugs in American footage to activate the pulse devices.

Meanwhile at Tao dojo Travis is still struggling with his dancing so Ryan explains what he said at the temple when the star going out, and Ryan sees Jeb holding his ears because of a loud noise only he can hear when everyone in the dojo hears it as well, and Ryan decides to take Jeb to the lab.

Air Striker sees Ryan driving Kaitlin's car so he informs The Magician, and the Mutant Skugs who run through the forest following him when Ryan sees them, and gets out of the car but the Mutant Skugs grab him with ropes, and electrocute him so he transforms.

Ryan then uses the ropes to throw the Mutant Skugs who fire laser needles but Ryan dodges, and the laser needles hit the Mutant Skugs instead so they use their double edged spear swords but Ryan blocks them, and punches, and kicks the Mutant Skugs, and grabs a pair, and throws destroying them, and leaving Ryan to deal with The Magician.
Old 05/21/15, 06:41 PM   #165
Zabitan
Administrator

Back with Icebot the pulse devices are still working, and at Tao dojo a flower pot breaks, and Kaitlin turns on the radio explaining what's happening so they sneak off to contact Ryan, and the Professor but their communicators aren't working.

Ryan has turned back into Brad Hawkins, and asks Jeb how he is when another vibration hits while Grimlord orders Icebot to set the vibrations to maximum.

The vibration hits Tao dojo as well so Kaitlin, and JB head to the lab where everyone explains everything to each other, and the Troopers decide to transform with Ryan going to the power plant, and Kaitlin, and JB going to the north pole.

JB, and Kaitlin find one of the pulse devices in a glacier while Ryan jump kicks The Magician who tries to attack with twin daggers but Ryan blocks them, and punches, and kicks him.

So The Magician throws one of his daggers, and turns the other into a spear.

JB, and Kaitlin see some Skugs on snow skis, and follow them to their base which sets off the alarm, and the Skugs go after them.

Meanwhile The Magician tries to hit Ryan with his spear but Ryan dodges it, and uses it to throw The Magician, and uses Lighting Hand but The Magician teleports away.

So Ryan uses his scanner to find The Magician, and throws the spear but The Magician catches it, and attacks Ryan with it but Ryan once again grabs it, and throws The Magician, and follows up with another Lighting Hand which this time destroys The Magician.

JB, and Kaitlin escape from the Skugs, and summon the Skybase while Ryan destroys the pulse device at the power plant while Kaitlin, and JB destroy the one at the north pole with missiles, and Grimlord once again shames his minions for failure, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the dojo the talent show is underway, and Travis is the final act, and at first he's nervous but JB, and Kaitlin remind him of today's message, and he does his act, and everyone likes it.

Then we get one last comedy bit with Percy singing badly, and Jeb pulling out his microphone, and dragging it.

Anyway "I miss you dad the end".
Old 05/21/15, 06:41 PM   #166
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode continues the trend of good but not great.

I would joke that the only good thing is that I didn't have to watch any Metal Hero shows today but if anything I think it's the other way around.

I like the story with Travis, and I think it has a good message, and I like the main story with Grimlord trying to break the reality barrier, as well as the American footage of Skugs in the north pole since it reminded me of what I wanted them to do with virtual reality to tell it from the real world.

My only problem is that as much as I like the Magician, and his fight scenes I've already seen them, plus it doesn't help that I would have rather had a Metalder monster who got a bad episode in here.

I also thought it dragged out in parts like it should have taken the Troopers less time than it did for them to go to the lab, and the fight with the Mutant Skugs seems like it was just put there as a placeholder for a regular Skug battle.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers reviews.
Old 05/27/15, 08:17 PM   #167
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part one written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan just talks about missing his dad, and how he hopes to find him.

We then go to Tao dojo where the dojo is having a father/son day which reminds Ryan of his situation with his own father.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor is looking at a prism which he explains will give him the knowledge that he needs to take over the world.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and has Skugs tie Ryan's father up with ropes made out of electricity while Grimlord shows him some Shaider footage.

Grimlord further explains his plans to steal the knowledge from Ryan's father to make new, and improved mutants, and vehicles.

Meanwhile at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is taking pictures of some models when Ryan, and JB show up.

Kaitlin explains that the paper now has a new section called Crossworld Style that talks about fashion, and sports, and Kaitlin is the new editor with her own office.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord, and Icebot begin draining the knowledge from Tyler Steele, and only stop so it doesn't cause permanent damage.

Then Skugs take Tyler to his cell, and when no one's looking he pulls out a device, and tries to send out an SOS.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily there's a comedy bit where Percy tries to put the moves on Kaitlin's models when Jeb humiliates him.

Then the Troopers get a message from the Professor telling them to go to the lab while back at the Virtual Dungeon a mutant catches Tyler, and Decimator informs Grimlord about it, and Grimlord orders him to destroy the Troopers.

The Troopers are driving to the lab when they are stopped by a tree branch, and try to move but can't, and when they go back to the car are ambushed by Skugs.

The Troopers just punch, kick, and flip Skugs while Jeb uses the car's door, and windshield wipers to hit Skugs, then the Skugs try to grab Kaitlin, and Ryan but they get the Skugs off.

Kaitlin kicks some Skugs into each other while the other Troopers trick the last of the Skugs into knocking into each other, and go back to the car.
Old 05/27/15, 08:28 PM   #168
Zabitan
Administrator

At the lab the Professor shows them Tyler's message but it's scrambled but JB unscrambles it, and Tyler explains Grimlord's plan.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord has just finished another knowledge draining session, and orders Icebot to use what they've drained so far to upgrade Wolfbot from The Transmutant, and Couch Potato Kid, and Rapidspore the mutant that attacked Percy in Defending Dark Heart, and wants them to destroy the Troopers.

Back at the lab the Troopers are trying to trace Tyler's message when the Battle Grid alert goes off but it's just the lab detecting Wolfbot, and Rapidspore so Ryan, and JB transform to deal with them.

Wolfbot tries to grab Ryan but Ryan throws him so Wolfbot fires his claws but Ryan blocks them so Wolfbot slashes Ryan with his claws but Ryan just punches, and kicks him so Wolfbot jumps up into a tree.

JB searches for Rapidspore who just blinds him with gas while Skugs attack JB so Kaitlin transforms to help him.

Wolfbot jumps back down, and tries to bite Ryan who just punches him off show Wolfbot tries to slash Ryan again but Ryan knocks his claws off with a karate chop so Wolfbot keeps attacking but Ryan keeps punching, and kicking so Wolfbot retreats.

JB takes the fight with Rapidspore to virtual reality where Rapidspore keeps attacking with toxic gas, and transforms into a starfish like creature, and grabs JB, and electrocutes him.

But JB manages to get Rapidspore off, and uses his scanner to find Rapidspore's weak spot, and destroys Rapidspore with Laser Lance.

Back at the lab the Troopers talk about how hard to defeat Grimlord's mutants were when Grimlord himself shows up on the lab's monitor, and shows Ryan's father in the midst of another knowledge draining session.

To be continued.
Old 05/28/15, 12:08 AM   #169
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part two written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with Grimlord, and Icebot still draining the knowledge from Ryan's father with only one more session before they have while back at the lab the Troopers don't know what to do to save Ryan's father.

Ryan decides that the only solution is to go into Grimlord's dungeon directly but JB informs him that Grimlord's dungeon has a human DNA sensor so only mutants can enter.

Then Ryan asks the Professor of he, and his father had anything that could help, and the Professor tells them to check the archives at Crossworld University, and the Troopers check it out.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon the mutants are worried about being scrapped in favor of new mutants when Grimlord appears, and summons Icebot who informs Grimlord that he's upgraded Wolfbot with more of Tyler's knowledge, and Grimlord orders him to destroy Ryan.

Back at the archives there's a brief comedy bit/heartwarming bit where the Troopers find an old baby picture of Ryan.

Then they find a book that contains the blueprints for the VR Trooper technology when the Professor contacts them to tell them about Wolfbot so JB, and Kaitlin take the book, and Ryan transforms to fight Wolfbot.

Wolfbot jumps at Ryan a bunch of times but Ryan keeps kicking him, and throwing him, then they jump down and Wolfbot jumps out of a building but Ryan kicks him again.

At the Virtual Dungeon Icebot reveals that Wolfbot has a new weapon, and we see a spider like flying creature detach from Wolfbot, and shoot webbing at Ryan.

Meanwhile Grimlord has Air Striker, and Fighterbot attack JB, and Kaitlin while Ryan uses Lighting Hand on Wolfbot but Wolfbot is revived by the spider creature.
Old 05/28/15, 12:09 AM   #170
Zabitan
Administrator

Then the spider creature shoots webbing at Ryan so he dodges but this leaves him open to attacks from Wolfbot so Ryan destroys the spider creature with Lighting Hand which also destroys Wolfbot causing him to melt into green slime.

Back at the lab JB tells Ryan that the blueprints don't have anything that can help so Jeb volunteers to sneak into Grimlord's dungeon, and while the Troopers debate this Jeb says he's going to the bathroom.

But really he looks for the nearest portal to virtual reality, and goes directly to Grimlord's dungeon but he still sets off the alarm, and Skugs chase after him.

Back at the lab the Troopers figure out what happened to Jeb, and after a lengthy comedy bit the Skugs capture Jeb, and Ryan transforms by himself to rescue Jeb.

Ryan finds the portal Jeb used, and goes into Grimlord's dungeon while the Skugs put Jeb in the same cell as Tyler and Grimlord decides to destroy his own dungeon with Ryan inside.

Ryan then appears in Grimlord's dungeon where Grimlord has Slashbot attack Ryan with his sword while Grimlord rigs his dungeon to explode in a few minutes.

Ryan punches Slashbot, and destroys him with Lighting Hand while the Skugs take Tyler Steele, and Ryan finds Jeb, and debates searching for his father or escaping the dungeon before deciding on the latter.

Ryan tries to escape but Grimlord's dungeon explodes seemingly destroying Ryan, and there's an admittedly tear jerking part where JB, and Kaitlin debate looking for Ryan.

And they admit that they knew there were risks when they became VR Troopers but they didn't think anything like that would happen.

To be continued.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers