Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/22/08, 03:11 PM   #1
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Default "Now the Final Fury" The Official Jungle Fury Discussion Talkback

I decided that the indivisual threads aren't really working for now due to lack of discussion. This will be to discuss the remainder of the series which will resume on September 29th. Enjoy.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/08, 11:03 PM   #2
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

Meh, I'm not a fan of the finale title.

As for the description; is anyone else getting a major Ninja Storm vibe? I'm not saying it's a bad thing (I'm a huge NS fan), but it's almost exactly what NS did. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pai Zhuq students showed up out of nowhere.

Either way, it still sounds like an epic way of ending a pretty descent season.
DarkBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/08, 03:36 PM   #3
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Just seen "Don't Blow That Dough". Very clever way of doing a clipshow and Camille was hot.
Old 10/01/08, 01:18 AM   #4
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

"Don't Blow that Dough"

For a clip show, I've seen better (Koragg's Trial, Insomnia, and A Test of Trust) being my top 3. This episode was just...there. Nothing special about it IMO.

"Tigers Fall, Lions Rise"
(it is currently on the Disney XD Video site: http://disney.go.com/videos/#/videos/tvshows/) My apologies if the link does not work for everyone. Refer to this from RB to get some tips on how to watch it: http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=121227

I have to admit, this was by far Casey's best focus episode. Jason did a great job expressing the TRUE Casey we should have seen all season long.

First off, the forest training session wasn't necessary, but it was cool in a way. Namely because Dominic actually got some dialog in. He's been quiet ever since his arc ended.

The fact that Casey is a teacher at a Kung Fu school was somewhat random, but it shows us that the Ranger's perform other activities outside of their duties. And that's always a plus in my book. Casey wasn't a bad teacher either; he actually gave order and discipline. I wish he was like that all season long.

For some odd reason, I kinda enjoyed RJ and Casey's chemistry. When Casey lost his Tiger Spirit, I so got flashbacks from "A Taste of Poison". Like that episode; I wish they would have had him express more passion and pain when he lost his spirit.

Dai Shi and Camille with Rin Zin Power=Win! I was waiting to see when they would bust that out; and it's introduction was well done. Too bad it'll only be around for a short time.

Enough said. "Tigers Fall, Lions Rise" was a pretty good episode. It had a few cheesy dialog scenes, but nothing that affected the overall decency/goodness the episode. 4/5.
Old 10/07/08, 02:20 PM   #5
LePage
Ranger In Training

The Spirit of Kindness

- The rangers are afraid of rats?
- Hah, they still acknowledge Casey as leader and RJ as the mentor.
- Good God were Runner and Burgrat annoying.
- Wow, did they just acknowledge Theo's height?
- Hey, a White Tiger Zord.
- Call me heartless, but I felt nothing when Whiger died after saving Casey and helping save the others. He was pretty much just your regular run-of-the-mill MotD so I don't get why they were trying to make him look sympathetic? Waspicable was more sympathetic than this guy.
- I have to be honest, that was one sweet insta-morph Casey had.
- Ugh, again with the roll call. God, these rangers are more roll call happy than the Abarangers teaming up with B-Squad.
- Oh and now Scorch and Snapper are plotting. *Yawn*

Episode was alright. For once, I didn't want to punch Casey in the face. How about that? I give a 3/5.
LePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/08, 09:02 PM   #6
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

The Spirit of Kindness

Random Thoughts:

-The Ranger's are afraid of a rat?

- God, how annoying can Burgrat and Rinner get? I wish they would shut up already!

- The unmorphed fight between Casey and Whiger was pretty cool. If only it were the actual actor performing his own stunts. *straight face*

- "I'll fight the Ram with Rhino Steel!" "And I'll use Wolf Pride Megazord!" ...Who. Cares.

- You know, Whiger summoning Casey through mental communication, reminds me a lot of Koragg and Nicks mental connection. Interesting.

- Cool, a White Tiger Spirit!

- Great use of Sentai footage in the end battle (as well as a fantastic Casey battle). Awesome BGM to go with as well.

- Fran and Dom actually had dialog. Sweet.

- ...Where's Flit? :(

All in all, pretty descent episode. Had it not been for Burgrat and Rinners annoyance, I would have enjoyed the episode much more. However, they were somewhat funny to a certain extent. A high 3/5.
Old 10/08/08, 01:05 PM   #7
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

For anyone out there that doesn't know where to find it... The Spirit of Kindness: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDZ9RXIK
Old 10/14/08, 02:24 PM   #8
LePage
Ranger In Training

Maryl and the Monkeys is up at Disney.com: http://disney.go.com/videos/#/videos/tvshows/
LePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/08, 02:19 PM   #9
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Here's the finale. Enjoy!

[SPRC]PRJF - Path Of The Righteous
[SPRC]PRJF - Now The Final Fury
Old 10/29/08, 12:04 AM   #10
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

"Path of the Righteous"

I honestly don't know where to start. This episode was Excellent! Superb! And pure EPIC!

-Casey's defiance against Master Mao's "orders" was amazing. I mean, this episode alone made me like Casey a lot more. Really.

- Casey and Jarrod/Dai Shi fighting was beyond amazing! I really felt the spirit and emotion in that scene. I have to give both Jason and Bede MAJOR props for their role in this episode.

- The final fight against Snapper and Scorch was cool. I wasn't expecting to see the Lion and Chameleon Spirits/Zords...but it was pretty enjoyable.

I wish there was more to say. Lol. 5/5.

"Now the Final Fury"

Man, Jungle Fury will be missed. What a way to end a potentially "great" season.

The Good:

-"Let's show em' what these old men can do!" Classic. Just...classic. :elephant:

- Damn! That fight against Scorch (Casey, Theo, and Lily) was pure sickness! As a matter of fact...every fight was great in this episode.

- OMG! I was hoping all the Master's would be in the battle. Cool.

- Kensei forms FTW!

- Hey! It's Kelson Henderson!

The Meh:

- As cool as it was to see the Kensei forms...they weren't necessary. They should have just did what they did for Casey, Theo, and Lily, and use a CGI attack showing their animal spirits. I would've preferred that.

Again, not much to say. A high 4/5.
Post New ThreadReply