Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/21/08, 05:34 PM   #31
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
But those seasons also had producers who really tried to fight the status quo. If Kalish is still under contract for next year, we'll see a 96% Go-onger translation, because all the stuff that made S.P.D. independent of Dekaranger was thanks to Greg Aronowitz.
Isn't Kalish working on something new after Jungle Fury?
Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/08, 06:56 PM   #32
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Not that I know of. But I'm far from well-informed on the inner workings of PR.

Personally, I think Kalish has had enough time at the reigns. Sloan did the first four and a half seasons, Tzachor the next five and a half, so a PR ingenue like Kalish getting four is plenty.

And while it's been said thousands of times on thousands of boards before, once more won't hurt: Jackie needs to be in charge.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/08, 08:21 PM   #33
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

maybe disney hired new head writer for pr2009
Old 04/21/08, 09:28 PM   #34
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Not that I know of. But I'm far from well-informed on the inner workings of PR.

Personally, I think Kalish has had enough time at the reigns. Sloan did the first four and a half seasons, Tzachor the next five and a half, so a PR ingenue like Kalish getting four is plenty.

And while it's been said thousands of times on thousands of boards before, once more won't hurt: Jackie needs to be in charge.
I agree, Jackie's earned it.
Old 04/22/08, 11:48 AM   #35
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlan Phoenix View Post
I agree, Jackie's earned it.
How has Jackie earned it?

By turning in an abismal scripts? By sticking with the show so long? Assuming she wrote good scripts and it was ruined by her coworkers she doesn't have the balls nor the integrity to stand up for her work and allows it to be ruined, so she earned the position of taking over Kalish's job by allowing her stuff to be crapped all over?

She hasn't earned it.

The last decent thing she turned out was under Sloan and even then she was still turning out trash.

The only person who has earned anything is the guy in charge of stunts and I still wouldn't want him in the command chair.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/08, 03:11 PM   #36
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
How has Jackie earned it?

By turning in an abismal scripts? By sticking with the show so long? Assuming she wrote good scripts and it was ruined by her coworkers she doesn't have the balls nor the integrity to stand up for her work and allows it to be ruined, so she earned the position of taking over Kalish's job by allowing her stuff to be crapped all over?

She hasn't earned it.

The last decent thing she turned out was under Sloan and even then she was still turning out trash.

The only person who has earned anything is the guy in charge of stunts and I still wouldn't want him in the command chair.
Largely, writer's scripts are dictated by the showrunner. Jackie is not the showrunner, therefore her scripts must flow to a certain story dictated to her AND must preform to the content standards of the production company. She's not a terrible writer, she just has to do her job.

Besides, DinoThunder proved that good stuff can be done under Disney's banner. Even if you don't like DinoThunder, it exemplifies the PR mold (craft a new story with Sentai footage) more than any other Disney season. Jackie's been around for a while, she knows the show. I'm confident she'd make a fine showrunner, especially since Disney doesn't necessarily mandate that PR be a mere translation of Sentai, it just seems to be Kalish's philosophy. Otherwise, we wouldn't get something like DinoThunder.

Jackie cares for the show, and we need someone like that.
Old 04/22/08, 03:39 PM   #37
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Don't mind him. Anyone who doesn't know Jackie Marchand's worth clearly has no idea all the things she was responsible for outside simply 'writing', which includes the whole concept and prop usage of "Fighting Spirit" among many other things.
Old 04/22/08, 03:55 PM   #38
Sakura3
Power Ranger

I'm still going to watch next year anyways. Besides that I think that we should give whoever this is a chance befoer we make any judgements. I felt that way after I watced Space Patrol Delta and Mystic Force together in 2006. So I'll wait till 2010 before I make any judgemnents.
Sakura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/08, 04:22 PM   #39
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Don't mind him. Anyone who doesn't know Jackie Marchand's worth clearly has no idea all the things she was responsible for outside simply 'writing', which includes the whole concept and prop usage of "Fighting Spirit" among many other things.
I like minding him. He's silly.
Old 04/22/08, 06:54 PM   #40
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
I think that we should give whoever this is a chance befoer we make any judgements.
We're not even sure there will be a Power Rangers in 2009. :/
Post New ThreadReply