Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/27/11, 07:09 PM   #1
Remus Lupin
Comic Relief

Send a message via AIM to Remus Lupin Send a message via Yahoo to Remus Lupin Send a message via Skype™ to Remus Lupin
Default Possible Gokaiger Adaptation

I am considering writing an adaptation of Gokaiger ... but setting it in the PR Universe. As you know, that causes quite a few problems. They only start with the fact that we had multiple groups of rangers with different powers and even singular rangers who had up to five different powers as rangers. Then, how do you explain the pre-Zyu teams? I think I may have come up with a solution for my fanfic.

First off, I want to say that I will do everything in my power to make this series different from Gokaiger. I know a lot of fans are saying that they don't like the point for point adaptation of Shinkenger as Samurai ... so I will do my best to put as many differences as possible in the show.

So, now onto a LITTLE bit of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Idea
When Zordon was destroyed in Power Rangers in Space's finale "Countdown to Destruction," a wave of good was sent throughout the galaxy. What Dark Specter and all his crew didn't realize was that Zordon's Wave contained his personality and memories. As they spread throughout the galaxy, they eventually wash over Eltar where his soul takes corporeal form for the first time in the series ... in what we know as AkaRed from Sentai. He will come to be known as "Alpha Ranger." Alpha as in "first" or "best" ... like the term Alpha Male. That would not be a reference to Alpha 5, 6 or 7 or any other iteration of the robot Alpha.

Many years later, on earth, five new rangers receive the Gokaiger powers from a mysterious being as a new band of villains try to raid earth of all it's treasure. They have been told that the greatest treasure in the galaxy lies on Earth and they will pillage their "weasley black guts out" in their pursuit of this treasure. They'll take any treasure that they can find and destroy the entire planet, if they have to, to find the Ultimate treasure. For them, however, it's not just about treasure. They have been told that this Ultimate Treasure will make them invincible and allow them to rule the entire Universe.
I haven't really developed much of anything on this because I know that there are problems that need to be solved before any true development can take place.

So, here's what I'm considering. And this is just one of two ideas ... the more developed of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Story
There is a great battle against evil and Zordon needs many more heroes than those on Earth, Mirinoi and Aquitar to defeat them. So, to get more help, Zordon as the American counterpart of AkaRed ("Alpha Ranger," for now) travels through alternate realities to retrieve heroes from the past.
Goranger through Jetman will be the original Japanese Counterparts.

That takes care of anything Pre-Zyu ... but how will I take care of the problems with rangers having multiple powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Changes
-- Zyuranger will be adapted as MMPR which will consist of four of the original five rangers -- Jason, Zach, Kimberly and Billy. Trini tragically died in a car accident (mirroring the actresses death) and is replaced by Aisha. Tommy will NOT be the Green Ranger. His spot will, instead, be taken by Burai ... the original Dragon Ranger ... brought to our timeline by Zordon.

-- Dairanger will be adapted as the Japanese Counterparts ... including Kou as Kibaranger. Again, they were all brought in by Zordon.

-- Kakuranger will stay as the American Adaptation ... the Alien Rangers. Nothing changed there.

-- Ohranger will consist of the Original Zeo core five (Tommy, Kat, Rocky, Adam and Tanya) with Riki (King Ranger) being brought in by Zordon to take Jason's place as he is taking the role of MMPR Red.

-- Carranger will probably the original Japanese Counterparts brought in by Zordon.

-- Megaranger through Hurricanger will be the original teams as they are in the American series.

-- Abaranger will be the original core three from Dino Thunder (Connor, Ethan and Kira) with Asuka (AbareBlack) taking Tommy's place as he is Zeo Red. Asuka also brings Nakadai Mikoto with him as Trent is "unable to take part." The truth is that I'd rather have Nakadai Mikoto in the series instead of Trent. Again, obviously, these two will be brought from a point in their timeline before Nakadai-sensei dies.

-- Dekaranger will be exactly the same as the original in every way except that Sam WILL HAVE CORPOREAL FORM! Also, Lisa (DekaBright) and Marie (DekaGold) will have to be brought from the Dekaranger timeline as they did not have American Counterparts. I know we saw DekaBright at the end, but I would not count that.

-- Magiranger through Shinkenger will be exactly the same as in the original American Series. There was no senshi from Magiranger through Shinkenger that didn't have an American Counterpart.

-- As Goseiger has not been adapted here, I imagine I'll have to have either the original Japanese counterparts or create a new team. Or, I could wait until Saban adapts Goseiger (assuming they continue after Samurai) and just use their team.
The group of evil will be formed by any villains from Lost Galaxy through the Adaptation of Goseiger. They were not all truly destroyed and banded together to get back at those who almost destroyed them.

So, this massive group of rangers defeat the evil conglomerate ... all except for a group of Pirates who escape when they realize they are all about to be defeated. This group becomes the main antagonist of this series. The bad thing is that this battle almost completely drains the ranger's powers. So that the powers are not lost forever, Zordon seals away all their powers in special keys. These are the heroes that will become the new teams "Ranger Keys." The original American rangers and Japanese counterparts stay in our timeline to help the new team unlock their new powers. Zordon travels to Earth to recruit new rangers to defeat this new threat to the Galaxy.

I have considered having Silver be a previous ranger, but that would cause another problem ... who would I use and how would I replace them on their already assigned team? This may end up being a character similar to Gai ... someone who loves Power Rangers and has always dreamed of being a Power Ranger. I am trying to make this as original as possible, so that may not work. But, it still may be my only viable option.

Again, I haven't planned out much at this time. I'm just curious to see what you all think about the backstory. Do you think that would work?

Another possibility would be having Zordon still being the American AkaRed ... but instead of bringing in Japanese counterparts for those already adapted ... Zordon would bring the teams from alternate timelines. So, for example, there would be FIVE Tommy's. Then, anything pre-Zyu would probably have to be either Alien teams from other planets or rangers from the past that Zordon trained. Then, Dairanger would be based on Zordon's Eltarian Rangers.
Friend Codes: [COLOR="red"]Nintendo Wii: 2048 4942 2950 7004 (CMFC4ever)[/COLOR] | Pokémon [COLOR="#00bfff"]Diamond: 2622 9994 3134[/COLOR] | [COLOR="#dda0dd"]Pearl: 3181 3475 8373[/COLOR] | [COLOR="gray"]Platinum: 4469 8387 0812[/COLOR] | [COLOR="yellow"]HeartGold: 2150 5615 6935[/COLOR] | [COLOR="silver"]SoulSilver: 3181 3538 3942[/COLOR] | [COLOR="black"]Black: 4512 9864 4132[/COLOR] | [COLOR="white"]White: 4899 5363 2866[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Remus Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/11, 11:21 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Possible Gokaiger Adaptation

Interesting ideas. Its going to be interesting to see how they adapt the series for PR in a few years.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/11, 11:23 AM   #3
Remus Lupin
Comic Relief

Send a message via AIM to Remus Lupin Send a message via Yahoo to Remus Lupin Send a message via Skype™ to Remus Lupin

Those two ideas are the only viable options ... unless they decide to omit everything Pre-Zyu. And that, in my opinion, would be really stupid.
Friend Codes: [COLOR="red"]Nintendo Wii: 2048 4942 2950 7004 (CMFC4ever)[/COLOR] | Pokémon [COLOR="#00bfff"]Diamond: 2622 9994 3134[/COLOR] | [COLOR="#dda0dd"]Pearl: 3181 3475 8373[/COLOR] | [COLOR="gray"]Platinum: 4469 8387 0812[/COLOR] | [COLOR="yellow"]HeartGold: 2150 5615 6935[/COLOR] | [COLOR="silver"]SoulSilver: 3181 3538 3942[/COLOR] | [COLOR="black"]Black: 4512 9864 4132[/COLOR] | [COLOR="white"]White: 4899 5363 2866[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 08/28/11, 11:32 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Some people are afraid that they are going to make it like every season of PR is its own universe like Sentai does. Where there are characters analogues to the PRs we all know in the Gokaiger adaption. And pretend like NS-RPM didn't exist. But we have to see what they actually do.
Old 08/28/11, 11:40 AM   #5
Remus Lupin
Comic Relief

If Saban truly does decide to go with the whole "Ninja Storm - RPM" doesn't exist ... it's because they see how amazing RPM was and are embarrassed that they followed it up with Samurai.
Old 08/28/11, 11:06 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Supposedly Tzachor views every season as its own universe and would rather not count NS-RPM as canon. But Saban Brands refused to eliminate the show's history from the website, for obvious reasons. But I wouldn't overreact too much until we see how the Sentai is eventually adapted.
Old 11/25/11, 10:43 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

First of all nice to see that someone is spelling Dark Specter correctly. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've seen so many people spelling it as Dark Spectre.

Second of all that is a very interesting idea. You can still have Zordon dead but his actual soul is what is within AkaRed. Very excellent idea.

Interesting idea with Zyuranger and Dairanger.

However in regards to Riki for Kingranger. How can you forget Trey of Triforia? In Zeo's last episode, they gave the Gold Ranger powers back to him because the powers were too much for a human being.

In regards to Turbo, yes, you could use the option of just using the Japanese Carranger team however there is also the option of using the Robot Rangers that Zordon created.

You may not want to count it but fact is DekaBright was shown in Power Rangers S.P.D. Sure, it was only for a brief appearance but she didn't have much of an appearance in Dekaranger to begin with either anyway. Same as DekaSwan/Kat Ranger. An reality appearance counts no matter how short it is. Case in point you're counting DekaGold even though you pretty much don't even see her full suit.
If you're counting DekaGold then you have to count Nova Ranger and Kat Ranger too.

Also I would support something like this:
Pre-Zyu teams being alien teams except for Battle Fever J since they would need to have some other excuse. Basically you could say that Goranger and JAKQ were the first warriors that Zordon saw since they were the first teams that protected Eltar.
With MMPR, you can keep them together. The only issue you'll have is Tommy. The rest can be Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Aisha and Jason. Since I'm sure you wouldn't want to use Trini because of her actresss dying.

With Zeo, the only problem that you have is Tommy. You can still have Kat, Tanya, Rocky and Adam have their Zeo powers and you can still let Trey be the Gold Ranger.
The only issue you currently have is you have no place for Mike and Karone. Mike doesn't have the Magna Defender powers anymore so perhaps you can use them to fill in 2 of Tommy's powers. You could have Tommy be the Red Zeo Ranger whereas you can give the Green MMPR, White MMPR and/or Black Brachio powers over to either Mike or Karone.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/18/11 at 01:47 PM.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 04:20 AM   #8
regemet
Putty Patroller

Well I have some sugestions. First comsidering Karone wasthe villian Astronama in Power Rasngers In Space make her into the Brachio Ranger from Dino Thunder.
Second As the actress whome played Udonna has also died promote Clare to White Ranger.
Thirdly why not make Diiaranger into an earlier Dekaranger and make A Squad the Rangers. Which accounts for A Squad
regemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 04:14 PM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Since this is a fanfic why should it matter if Udonna's actress is dead or not. Udonna never died, have Udonna play her own role.

Same goes for any other character's whose actor/actress has quit (Zhane [or is it Zane, can't remember], Leo) acting or died (Trini).
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/11, 04:33 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Kamen has a point. Since it's just a Fanfic, he can use Trini and Udonna if he really wanted to since it's just a Fanfic. Some people however have different feelings on using characters.

Not to mention Zhane didn't come back in the Space/Galaxy teamup since he retired from acting but that doesn't mean someone can't use him in a Fanfic.

Power Rangers will likely never get Billy or Kimberly back on the show for any reason at all but that doesn't mean a writer can't use them for 1 of their own Fanfic stories. Fanfic stories pretty much have no limits in regards to what they can do.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply