Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/25/15, 10:09 PM   #1
Tiger Power
Putty Patroller

Default MMPR: Trick or Treat

I'm re-watching this episode now and I just want to point out how stupid that game show really was. I know the show is famous for its camp, but really the whole idea was to stump the host of the show? So just ask him personal questions about yourself the whole show. "What's my PIN number?", "What's my social security number?", etc.

And when Kimberly asks him who the Power Rangers are what would have happened if he had just guessed names? No one outside of those five (and Tommy who wasn't there) would know the real answer.
Tiger Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/15, 10:53 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: MMPR: Trick or Treat

that's a good point it was a ridiculous game show and like you said in the case of the Rangers' identities no one except for the Rangers, Zordon, Alpha and the villains are going to know their identities so how will the Host much less the Judges even know whether the names of the identities are correct or not? Granted no one knows about Zordon among the general population but there were instances of Alpha 5 leaving the Command Center.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/15, 02:33 PM   #3
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Thats why I love MMPR. It was so ridiculously fun and zany where else can a crazy game. show like this exist? I loved this episode. One of my fave episodes from season 1. Pumpkin Rapper was a great monster. The game show scenes were pretty funny. Bulk and Skull were on their game in this episode. I wish they still made episodes like this.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/15, 02:42 PM   #4
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

I could see the producer being on the verge of being fired for leaving that loophole in.... Only for him or her to save themselves by discovering that Bulk and Skull cheated. Suffice it to say the show was probably retooled after this.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:12 PM   #5
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

The episode was pretty dumb. Honestly they were just trying to come up with extra content to fulfill the extra episodes. But I would take episodes like this than some of the crap that we get thrown at us now.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:13 PM   #6
Zordon's Legacy
Ranger In Training

I think it was just a dumb game show that probably ended up getting cancelled not long after. The concept was pretty flawed in universe.
Zordon's Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/15, 08:19 PM   #7
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

A pretty silly episode but you have to love the humor of MMPR.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply