Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/12/15, 04:14 PM   #11
WhiteMystechRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Jetting

I had to rewatch that. Wow. Jetting looked far slower than the instantaneous teleportation (though there are times we see them as coloured blobs flying around. But even then it was blatantly faster than Jetting.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/15, 04:14 PM   #12
Zabitan
Administrator

Eh I wouldn't have thought it was so dumb if they didn't already have teleportation or the Radbug.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/15, 04:14 PM   #13
Ankh Primo
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
They thought it would be interesting and that they could sell toys with it. Can't sell a teleporting toy, but one that just flies around? Any toy can Jet.
But did they sell a Jetting toy? I'm not well-versed in the merchandise.

They could just as easily put a helmet on a red lightning bolt and call it a teleporting Red Ranger. I don't see why adding a concept to the show was necessary.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/15, 04:14 PM   #14
Martyn
Putty Patroller

It worked for the reason it was introduced, fill time and have the three suits for the actors they were missing do it helped well. In the long run yes it is pointless but it fixed a production problem at the time, of missing half the cast.
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #15
butterflyboy
Putty Patroller

It essentially gave the rangers the ability to fly. Granted, I think they were stuck going in one direction, but still.
butterflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #16
Reaper33X
Putty Patroller

I remember a jetting scene where you could see the Rangers top halfs (in above superman pose) but the bottom half was in energy form (like teleporting)

I can't remember the episode though.
Reaper33X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #17
butterflyboy
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper33X View Post
I remember a jetting scene where you could see the Rangers top halfs (in above superman pose) but the bottom half was in energy form (like teleporting)

I can't remember the episode though.
That was in part one of "The Power Transfer" when the rangers teleport to the deserted planet. They didn't say they were jetting, so I always just took it as a weird teleportation effect they were trying out. In fact, right before that scene, Zordon tells them that Alpha will teleport them there.
butterflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #18
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcactus View Post
The scene that showed the rangers "jetting" was honestly one of the most unintentionally hilarious power rangers scenes I think I've ever watched. I didn't get the point of it at all. But it did make for a good laugh. I also thought it was funny how Bulk and Skull mentioned it later on. But how did these two even know what it was called in the first place? Jetting was one of the many silly aspects of the first couple power rangers seasons imo.
I, too, have always wondered how Bulk and Skull knew about it. So much random!
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #19
CobraMorphBT20
Putty Patroller

Jetting is one of those stupid ideas, that a reversioning of MMPRS2 should have just erased & just re-edited into normal teleportation.

I assume the reason is similar to how vehicles like Shark cycles, Galaxy Gliders etc would seem like a good idea. On paper it might seem good, but in actual use doesnt quite work.
CobraMorphBT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #20
RangerZero
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMorphBT20 View Post
Jetting is one of those stupid ideas, that a reversioning of MMPRS2 should have just erased & just re-edited into normal teleportation.

I assume the reason is similar to how vehicles like Shark cycles, Galaxy Gliders etc would seem like a good idea. On paper it might seem good, but in actual use doesnt quite work.
Eh, the only real problem with the Shark Cycles is that they didn't get more use. While they didn't make sense as an alternative to teleporting, they at least had combat applications. Jetting, not so much.
RangerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply