Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #21
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Jetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcactus View Post
The scene that showed the rangers "jetting" was honestly one of the most unintentionally hilarious power rangers scenes I think I've ever watched. I didn't get the point of it at all. But it did make for a good laugh. I also thought it was funny how Bulk and Skull mentioned it later on. But how did these two even know what it was called in the first place? Jetting was one of the many silly aspects of the first couple power rangers seasons imo.
I, too, have always wondered how Bulk and Skull knew about it. So much random!
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #22
RangerZero
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMorphBT20 View Post
Jetting is one of those stupid ideas, that a reversioning of MMPRS2 should have just erased & just re-edited into normal teleportation.

I assume the reason is similar to how vehicles like Shark cycles, Galaxy Gliders etc would seem like a good idea. On paper it might seem good, but in actual use doesnt quite work.
Eh, the only real problem with the Shark Cycles is that they didn't get more use. While they didn't make sense as an alternative to teleporting, they at least had combat applications. Jetting, not so much.
RangerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/15, 04:14 PM   #23
McAster
Putty Patroller

Forget the Shark Cycles and Galaxy Gliders, I wanted more kart driving for the Rangers.

Such an under appreciated mode of transportation.
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 04:41 PM   #24
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyboy View Post
What did you all think about the not oft-used transport mode called "Jetting"?

It seemed weird and somewhat pointless to me. I'm left wondering what the point was, unless it was made up solely to further pad out the Ninja Encounter three-parter. But it didn't even do that very well. Did the writer's have some other ideas in mind for it?
I thought it was interesting but it really didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Eh I wouldn't have thought it was so dumb if they didn't already have teleportation or the Radbug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson1989 View Post
I've always wondered what happened to the Radbug

On the topic, I don't know why they bothered to use Jetting given that IIRC they only used it twice
yea it was dumb since they could teleport and they also had the Radbug but I suppose the car they were using for the Radbug wasn't working anymore that's the only thing that I can think of for why we didn't see it after Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
It worked for the reason it was introduced, fill time and have the three suits for the actors they were missing do it helped well. In the long run yes it is pointless but it fixed a production problem at the time, of missing half the cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
Oh, that's why they did it? I did not know that.
that's what I had assumed as well since I was under the assumption that they were using jetting as another illusion technique to make us gullible little kids believe Zack, Trini and Jason were still there even though their actors weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Primo View Post
But did they sell a Jetting toy? I'm not well-versed in the merchandise.

They could just as easily put a helmet on a red lightning bolt and call it a teleporting Red Ranger. I don't see why adding a concept to the show was necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
No, they didn't. Furthermore, I don't see how they could in a way that would justify featuring it on the show. How would a "jetting" figure be any different from a normal figure held horizontal in the air? The most you could do with it would be a Happy-Meal-style toy with a stand for the inarticulate Ranger figures in a "jetting" pose.

That's what makes it so bizarre: You can't use the "to sell toys" excuse because there was no toy to be sold.
he's right they didn't and it'd be hard to make one to begin with anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveWookiee View Post
I think that is exactly Titanium's point. Figures that were already in production could be used to recreate the "jetting." It gives kids one more type of make believe for playing with their toys.
problem is they never did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMorphBT20 View Post
Jetting is one of those stupid ideas, that a reversioning of MMPRS2 should have just erased & just re-edited into normal teleportation.

I assume the reason is similar to how vehicles like Shark cycles, Galaxy Gliders etc would seem like a good idea. On paper it might seem good, but in actual use doesnt quite work.
yea it was a bad idea but no one was going to edit it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
Eh, the only real problem with the Shark Cycles is that they didn't get more use. While they didn't make sense as an alternative to teleporting, they at least had combat applications. Jetting, not so much.
I agree the Shark Cycles had more of a practical use in case they were up against a monster who was quite fast since they had combat capabilities whereas jetting didn't it would've made more sense if jetting had combat capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAster View Post
Forget the Shark Cycles and Galaxy Gliders, I wanted more kart driving for the Rangers.

Such an under appreciated mode of transportation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Tiger View Post
I usually enjoy all the Power Ranger vehicles, but Galaxy Gliders, and Jet Jammers will always be my favorite
Kart is for Mario Kart you're looking for Cart but yes it would've been nice to see more of the Turbo Carts in action.

I too usually enjoy the vehicles in fact I think for me the Shark Cycles, Galaxy Gliders, Tsunami Cycles, Raptor Riders, Patrol Cycles and Uni-Force Cycle were some of my favorites along with the Galactic Rover.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 05:54 PM   #25
Zabitan
Administrator

I was just reading this and that reminded me for some reason that for the longest time I remembered Forever Friends having a part where at some point after they rescued Kimberly there was a part where when they jetted Kimberly jetted with the others.

But recently I saw it, and I only saw the part before they rescued her where they Jetted without her.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 06:26 PM   #26
PRangerX
Administrator

Its funny that they made it such a big deal and juat dropped it.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 06:27 PM   #27
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

I was like, is this Power Rangers or Superman?
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/18, 06:30 PM   #28
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Its funny that they made it such a big deal and juat dropped it.
more like it was sad but hey at least it wasn't the only thing they've dropped! Thunderslingers, Sword of Power, Sword of Light need I say more?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 11:37 AM   #29
Ninja Brody
Putty Patroller

I don't know, it was pretty pointless. I am not surprised that they don't do it anymore.
Ninja Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 11:46 AM   #30
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
more like it was sad but hey at least it wasn't the only thing they've dropped! Thunderslingers, Sword of Power, Sword of Light need I say more?
It feels like season 3 just through a lot out there. I mean we had like four or five opens that season alone lol. I had a lot to do with the fly by your seat nature of production.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply