Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Rate this episode:
10! 1 16.67%
9 4 66.67%
8 1 16.67%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1... :( 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/22/09, 03:39 AM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Dragon Knight Episode #19: "Semper Fi"

Strike targets Sting yet again, and gets help from Spear and Axe to keep Dragon Knight and Wing Knight busy while he takes care of business. Will the snake finally get his prey?

Let's hope so, I'm freakin' tired of Chris.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/09, 06:12 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

That one was really well put together. All three members of Team Ventara had it out for Strike, Lacey got to see basically the whole series in under two minutes, plenty of toy commercial time, Kit struggling with his mission, and a surprisingly fitting end for Chris. After all the back and forth between he and Strike, I wouldn't have thought he could go out so heroically. Now you know Kit's going to blame himself for this and agree to be Len's Dragon Knight because he didn't vent Danny when he had the chance. Hmm... thus far, all of the Riders Strike vented were the ones I couldn't stand. JTC's sort of my hero. Hopefully he takes out Axe and Spear, too, Mike Moh's acting is worse than Mullins's.

Oh, and I loved the line about wanting to play cards.
Old 08/22/09, 06:37 PM   #3
Tendou
Ranger In Training

It was one of the better episodes of the show. They threw in plenty of action, plenty of drama and made JTC that much more awesome.

I also like how Kit is getting progressively better at fighting. He kicked Axe's ***. I was disappointed at how weak Len seemed in this episode. Next episode they will probably have flashbacks with Chris again and then the plot will progress.
Tendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/09, 07:09 PM   #4
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Is it just me or is the show getting progressively better? Music was more prominent, acting was on par, and the fight choreography was excellent has usual. All in all, the show's gotten cooler. I'm hoping for a theatrically released film (like The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie).

The only real complaint I can think of is that in certain spots it was difficult to see who was hitting who, however I think this was largely intentional.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/09, 09:04 PM   #5
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
Is it just me or is the show getting progressively better? Music was more prominent, acting was on par, and the fight choreography was excellent has usual. All in all, the show's gotten cooler. I'm hoping for a theatrically released film (like The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie).

The only real complaint I can think of is that in certain spots it was difficult to see who was hitting who, however I think this was largely intentional.
I definitely agree with you. I remember how the earlier episodes had no battle music. All you heard were the Riders breathing(Particularly when Chris has an asthma attack every episode) and the sound effects. One thing I always liked about Kamen Rider was the great battle music that would play like Full Force and Boundless Life. I am glad that they are beginning to get comfortable and try new things.

As long as the show maintains the mature themes it has going for it then I'll keep watching and enjoying it.
Old 08/22/09, 10:52 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

So we see the end of Chris's arch , at least for now. It almost seems to quick, but thats partly due to the long hatius we got. I loved the liked how Strike tried to tempt Chris to jion him and how Kit refused. It was a good character momment. It was diffinitly a heroic sacrifice for Chris. And very touching. I liked the flashback to Len, Kit, and Chris officially forming their team.

I do think it is strange how Len and Kit have been so gong ho about Chris jioning them. But they continually have tried to get him to go home because of his asthma. Wouldn't they be leary of having Chris risk his life from the beginning? I mean it was pretty obvious Chris shouldn't have been fighting.

I wonder of Kit will blame himself for not venting one of the Cho's while he had his chance. It would have allowed him to help Len and Chris. I wonder how Len thinks he can get Sting back? Len always made Venting sound like it was impossible to overcome.

I wonder how Lacy finding out that Maya's stories are true will effect their friendship. She seemed pretty horrified. It was funny seeing Trent finally see the Kamen Rider Transformation. If too convient. I bet Aunt Grace isn't going to be too happy about the mess they made.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/09, 02:06 AM   #7
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
I'm hoping for a theatrically released film (like The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie).
Well, if it's any consolation, Adness included a movie packaged as part of the deal for whoever purchased rights to air the series.

Now, given the ratings, it'll probably end up straight-to-DVD, but the possibility's there.
Old 08/23/09, 03:03 AM   #8
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
So we see the end of Chris's arch , at least for now. It almost seems to quick, but thats partly due to the long hatius we got. I loved the liked how Strike tried to tempt Chris to jion him and how Kit refused. It was a good character momment. It was diffinitly a heroic sacrifice for Chris. And very touching. I liked the flashback to Len, Kit, and Chris officially forming their team.

I do think it is strange how Len and Kit have been so gong ho about Chris jioning them. But they continually have tried to get him to go home because of his asthma. Wouldn't they be leary of having Chris risk his life from the beginning? I mean it was pretty obvious Chris shouldn't have been fighting.

I wonder of Kit will blame himself for not venting one of the Cho's while he had his chance. It would have allowed him to help Len and Chris. I wonder how Len thinks he can get Sting back? Len always made Venting sound like it was impossible to overcome.

I wonder how Lacy finding out that Maya's stories are true will effect their friendship. She seemed pretty horrified. It was funny seeing Trent finally see the Kamen Rider Transformation. If too convient. I bet Aunt Grace isn't going to be too happy about the mess they made.
Several things I would like to point out. One when they were trying to get Chris to join them they did not know that he had such a bad case of asthma. It was only after the fact that they realized he really couldn't fight without having an attack.

Another thing is that what Len said about getting Chris back from the Advent Void was only to give Kit hope. If he knew a way he would have brought back the Riders from Ventara or at least tried. He saw that Kit was in pain and most likely realized that giving him hope is better than saying there is none.(Remember what happened last time Len told Kit there was no hope. Kit joined up with Torque.)
Old 08/23/09, 12:22 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

It seemed pretty clear that they knew about Chris' problem. Len almost vented Chris himself. So it wouldn't take much for him to realize that Chris shouldn't be fighting with them.

Good point about Len givening Kit hope. I'd have to think that the Venting of Chris hits the closest to home to them, then any of the other Rider's we have seen Vented.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/09, 10:10 PM   #10
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Semper Fi' is a good episode. I gave it a 9. I have to cry when Chris gave up his life to save Wing Knight. I have this feeling that Strike better watch his steps. If he isn't careful, Wing Knight or Dragon Knight might end up venting him.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply