Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/05/18, 03:45 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Original Red Ranger (Austin aka Jason) reveals what line he hated the most

I came across this link http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...power-rangers/ not too long ago and I thought it was an interesting article.

Quote:
"I wish that had happened when I had episode whatever it was with Pineapple the Clown. I hate that line to this day, so if I could've changed that one I would have, but I couldn't yet."

The ep he is referring to is titled "No Clowning Around" where Pineapple turns Trini's cousin Sylvia into a cardboard cut out. Austin remembers the line all too well and has some ideas for what could've worked better.

"Another six months and I would've totally rewritten that thing and been like "No, Jason's going to come around the corner like Dirty Harry and be like do you feel lucky punk? Do Ya," St. John said. He would have greatly preferred that to what the script called for which was "You're going down clown!"
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 11:57 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Original Red Ranger (Austin aka Jason) reveals what line he hated the most

Seems like he was half joking. His line would have never made it past the writing staff. The real line eas pretty corny though. We got a lot of that in those days though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 11:58 AM   #3
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Original Red Ranger (Austin aka Jason) reveals what line he hated the most

I really liked this episode. The line was fine and part of the charm of MMPR. It was a Trini episode anyway.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 12:00 PM   #4
Yellow Fan Forever
Ranger In Training

This was a grest Trini episode. We got to lewrn she had a nice and got to see her protect her. Which really show'ed Trini's protectiveness for her family and friends.
Yellow Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 12:14 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Seems like he was half joking. His line would have never made it past the writing staff. The real line eas pretty corny though. We got a lot of that in those days though.
I don't think he was joking but I do agree that his new line wouldn't have been approved since it comes across as a mean-spirited bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I really liked this episode. The line was fine and part of the charm of MMPR. It was a Trini episode anyway.
same here and yes you're right about the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fan Forever View Post
This was a grest Trini episode. We got to lewrn she had a nice and got to see her protect her. Which really show'ed Trini's protectiveness for her family and friends.
yup that it was a great Trini episode but it was her cousin and not her niece.
Old 01/06/18, 09:06 PM   #6
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

I could see where people!e would misremember her as her niece. Given the big age gap.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 09:09 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Omega View Post
I could see where people!e would misremember her as her niece. Given the big age gap.
I don't know what age has to do with it since someone can have a niece even if they aren't that old.
Old 01/06/18, 09:10 PM   #8
Ranger Black
Comic Relief

I agree with Austin. I also wish the episode was darker. I think the monster should have been turning carnival goers into putties. Trini would have had to save Silvy from becoming a putty.
Ranger Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 09:11 PM   #9
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I think the episode is about as dark as MMPR season 1 was going to get.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 09:14 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Black View Post
I agree with Austin. I also wish the episode was darker. I think the monster should have been turning carnival goers into putties. Trini would have had to save Silvy from becoming a putty.
That would have been interesting but I don't see them going that dark. Especially back then.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply