Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #1
OmniMystechRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Theory on evil rangers powers

Theory on evil rangers powers is that they have their own morphinggrid an as example the all versions of mirrorrangers and psychorangers and shadowrangers and darkrangers and mutantrangers and cyborgrangers powers are all connected, so evil rangers can draw on them powers, what ya think?
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Theory on evil rangers powers

Eh I always thought of the Morphing Grid as like the Force in Star Wars so maybe all the evil rangers are just tapping into the "dark side" of the existing Morphing Grid.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #3
OmniMystechRanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Eh I always thought of the Morphing Grid as like the Force in Star Wars so maybe all the evil rangers are just tapping into the "dark side" of the existing Morphing Grid.
That what I thought but when I saw psychogreen in the comics, it made thinkk could there be a seperate grid for evil rangers, and is it as strong at the good morphinggrid!
OmniMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #4
johnboy3434
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Except in the entire series up to this point, only one group fueled by this supposed "Dark Side" has proven capable of fighting on the level of a normal Ranger team: the Psychos. The others have gone down like so many bitches.

That said, in season two of MMPR, Zedd specifies that the Morphing Grid is maintained by the struggle between Zordon and himself. Given later developments, one can only assume that this was a more immediately relevant and/or egotistical way of stating that it was maintained by the struggle between good and evil. Whether this means that the Grid itself has a moral affiliation with both good and evil, or that it is an amoral entity that is designed to cease existing if one side or the other ever wins, is somewhat ambiguous.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #5
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Most evil rangers you listed are just copy cat powers. Mirrored versions made by a specific monster or device by the bad guys. They don't actually morph, they're just in the shape of a "bad" version of the good guy. Even the "Dark Rangers" are just a variation of the good rangers made by a special artifact and a spell, not something they morph into on their own.

The Psycho Rangers are specifically monsters turned into ranger suits, they don't morph or draw on an external power source.

The only actual morphing rangers of evil alignment were A Squad, and they had their own morphers that were used for both good and bad, tapping into the same power source both times. Meaning it'd be all the same grid regardless.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #6
maritroniuity
Putty Patroller

To me, the powers are not good or evil by themselves (with a couple of exceptions), so I do not believe that there is a good side of the grid or a bad side. What is good or bad are the users of the powers.
maritroniuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #7
Rhonan
Putty Patroller

I always assumed the Morphing Grid was neutral. It would be kind of cool to see what would happen if an evil person could access to it.
Rhonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/17, 05:36 PM   #8
Green Goblin
Putty Patroller

Stop George it’s not funny anymore
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 05:36 PM   #9
AdrenalineRush
Putty Patroller

The Cyborg Rangers were originally good before Strikning threw a lightning attack that caused them to malfunction and go on a rampage, which eventually led to the Lightspeed Rangers returning and to take their replacements down before defeating Strikning with the Lightspeed Megazord Saber.
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 05:36 PM   #10
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniMystechRanger View Post
We dont know if mirror/dark/cyborg/shadow/psycho rangers can morph, we just gotta decude on that for ourselves, well have to see what done then! Reason why I think there is evil morphinggrid is cause of how many evil ranges there is!
We do know. Mirror/Dark/Shadow and any kind of copycat monster rangers are just that, copies. They don't summon a morphed form, they're made as is. That is the way it works in the story.

Psycho Rangers also don't morph, we saw how they have their powers and forms and where it all comes from.

Cyborg Rangers were robots, the whole point was they didn't have to morph or be civilians at all.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply